At Smith Moore, our customers’ privacy is a priority. Because safeguarding your personal information is important to us, we will not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as required by law or as described below.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide our services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information. We do not sell personal information to parties not affiliated with us for the purpose of marketing their services or products to you or for any other purpose, and we do not share your personal information with other parties except in the limited circumstance discussed below.
Our Gathering of Information About You
We collect the following types of nonpublic personal information about you:
- Information you supply on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, Social Security number, assets and income and similar information. We use this information to administer your accounts, process your transactions requested by you and provide other services to you
- Information about your transactions with us or others, such as your account balance and account transactions. We use this information to process transactions requested by you and provide better services to you
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as credit relationships and credit history
Our Sharing of Information About You with Others
As permitted by law, we may disclose some or all of the information we collect, as described under Our Gathering of Information about You, to nonaffiliated third parties to service your account and to provide services you request. Such nonaffiliated third parties include:
- Companies that provide financial services, such as other broker-dealers, banks, mutual fund companies and insurance companies
- Non-financial companies, such as companies that assist us in marketing our services and companies which provide data processing or computer services
- Credit reporting agencies or identity verification services
- Others who provide services to us, such as parties who provide technical support for our hardware and software systems and our legal and accounting professionals, as well as government agencies and other parties as permitted or required by applicable law
- Others when required by valid subpoena or other legal process in connection with court proceedings or other governmental functions
The information we share with parties that provide us with marketing and other services is limited to information they need to perform their services, and we require such parties to agree to use the information only for the purpose of performing their services.
Right to Opt Out
Smith Moore does not currently disclose nonpublic personal information of its customers to nonaffiliated third parties, except as described above. If in the future this policy changes, you will be notified and given an opportunity to opt out of having this information shared.
Our Continued Protection of the Privacy of Former Customers